Tuesday, October 6, 2009

How do you add REAL looking dreadlock extensions to hair?

There have been a lot of guys contact me (I work at a Hair Braiding shop) wanting to either make thier dreadlocks longer or turn their medium afro into dreadlocks that fall down their backs. Ive started out some of these same guys baby dreads for them but I have no idea how to add extensions that look real. I know the double ended dreadlock technique and that works really great on my clients with really straight and fine hair but the more course the hair gets the less attractive the finished product. I need to know how to add dreadlock extensions to kinky hair so that it mixes in perfectly and adds length and if you can add extensions to hair that isnt dreaded already. Will It in any way be possible for me to turn a 3 inch afro into waist length dreadlocks that look real and all natural? Thank you for reading this and all of your help is MUCH appreciated. Thank you ~oX Jasz Xo~



How do you add REAL looking dreadlock extensions to hair?

The dread lock extensions on males really do not look natural, in my opinion. You could try adding the afro-kinky type hair by braiding just 2 or 3 times and then doing a coil type twist. I've never done this, but that's the only option I can think of. The kinky twists would just look - well, horrible for a guy. There are of course the sealed type of extensions that you could possibly do with the kinky hair, but again, how great will that look on a guy. I would suggest experimenting on a guy to see what can work. Otherwise, stick with telling them that you can do baby locks to start and they will have to just grow it out naturally like everyone else who has locks.



How do you add REAL looking dreadlock extensions to hair?

you can get a video at Stylistonline.com for the afro kinky dreds If done correctly they look very natural . You must use human hair however! Good Luck Report It

No comments:

Post a Comment