Saturday, July 25, 2009

Hairstyles for Interracial hair besides braiding?

I get my hair straightened every 2 weeks but in the mean time I usually sweat it out because I am extremely active and I would like to know off some good hairstyles besides braiding that I can use.



Thanks in advance.



Hairstyles for Interracial hair besides braiding?

Straighten with a hot comb can damage your hair. If your hair is natural then you can take care of it by washing and conditoning everyday, but some days only cowash=using only conditioner. Then use a leave in conditoner, moisturizer and oil (tea tree, almond, peppermint, rosemary, olive oi) to seal. Castor oil will help promote thickness.



This is what I do and I have a relaxer. I stretch my relaxer 12 to 16 weeks. I shampoo or cowash about 4 to 5 times a week, use a leave in conditioner, moisturize and oil, while I am doing all of this I scrunch my hair and then let it hair dry.



Then I let it hang or tie it up with a scraf. Here are some syles you may wear bantu, two strand twists, ponytail. Funky style with a handband.



Hairstyles for Interracial hair besides braiding?

You could always just wear it curly (natural). I have a few friends with biracial kids, and when they really don't have the time for hardcore maintanence (sp?), they simply wash it, put some moisturizer in it, pull it up (or even leave it down), and call it a day. It looks really cute that way. I don't personally think it's a good idea, but if you want straight hair, you could get a relaxer ("perm"), maybe something like "Just for Me" since it's not so strong. I don't know if you've ever had one, but they seem to generally work. But, again, I wouldn't really suggest it.

No comments:

Post a Comment